Wednesday 30 July 2008

Baptisms, BBQ's,Holidays and More

I have again received this Brilliant WebLog Award. This time it came from
Thank you Willow I am honoured to receive it
I am going to pass it on to Janie of From Under the Maple
Janie as most of you know is my precious daughter
I think she does brilliantly to manage an interesting blog as well as hold down a full time and high flying career as well as being Mum to darling Oliver who was 2 last weekend
She is unable to post at the moment as their computer 'died' when she returned from holiday with lots of photos of Cornwall to post on. She will be back as soon as it is possible.
I mentioned on a recent post that we were having a Baptism for a new Christian in our House Church. The venue was a play pool in the garden next door. I have her full permission to post a couple of pictures of the baptism.





Afterwards we moved to another home across the street to have a barbecue

It was a wonderful day in all



The card I made for Oliver
We bought him a traditional wooden train set


Another card made recently
I am managing to work on my computer to a point, but there are still things that need fixing.
During the 2 re-builds my printer driver seems to have disappeared
and some of my graphics stuff
I have been amazed to realise just how much I had on my computer that is not now there
I am having to gradually download much software as needed
The 'professionals' backed up my documents and everything in them including photos
but they did not back up my Outlook Express, nor any of my settings. I did therefore lose about
120 E-mail addresses and lots of information stored in folders there.
In future I will not store anything in Outlook Express that is important to me.
To think that all this came about because I attempted to install a
new wireless keyboard and mouse to replace my existing one
I don't even have a wireless keyboard installed at all now
and am using the bog standard one that came from Dell in the first place
Aren't computers wonderful!
We are off on holiday this coming Saturday
We are going to the Yorkshire Dales for a week
and basing ourselves in a Mews Cottage in Harrogate
There will eventually be lots of photos as we will be visiting
castles, country houses, gardens, caves, beautiful rolling hills
and the Spa town of Harrogate
We will then spend a night with friends in Ripon before returning home
I hope you all have a great week
I'll be back soon but in the meantime I leave you with a great tea-time treat
made by my own fair hands


The Shortbread is ready


The finished product
Chocolate Caramel Shortcake
Enjoy

29 comments:

duopastorale said...

Great photos Barbara, as always. You are a very talented lady it seems! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to more of your pics. Blessings to you and yours :)

Vee said...

Okay, Love, where's the recipe for that one?

I'm so sorry that you have ongoing computer woes. You're right...computers!

Have a wonderful time away...I know that we can count on you to document carefully!

a woman who is said...

You cannot post that shortbread with out a recipe??????????????

Come, come...my husband loves shortbread, and this one looks positively decadent yummm

Happy Birthday to Oliver….wow 2 years old already! Puddin Toes will be 1 in four weeks. The wooden train set sound about perfect. I am trying to figure out a good idea for PT.

That is so great being in a home church that is growing new believers in Christ. It looks like all ages were having a wonderful day.

I am so sorry about your computer still giving you problems. I know we have issues too, but because my husband is the expert, I don’t have to deal with it all.

Have a good trip and we will be waiting to see your photos!

Barb said...

Congrats on your award.

Wonderful photo's of the baptism and bbq.

Enjoy your time away.

nanatrish said...

Praise the Lord for the baptisms! He is so good! What a wonderful looking day. I'm sorry you are having computer problems. I had care problems the other day and it was so scary. Why does everything have to cost so much? Your cake looks so delicious. I wish I could have a little piece with a cup of tea or coffee. Maybe someday.

Patsy said...

Oh, Barbara you are just great. Your blog should get the prize. Can't wait for you to get back to see your new pictures.
Patsy

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That caramel chocolate shortbread looks fantastically delicious....I must learn how to make that. CT love caramel and chocolate, and I love shortbread!

I love that cute little card you made for Oliver.

Enjoy your holiday - you deserve it!

Teresa said...

I love hearing about the happenings in your house church, and the photos are so nice to see. What a blessing that event was.

Oliver, must have loved the card. Very nice, Barbara.

So, will you share the Chocolate Caramel Shortcake recipe??? I would love to have that one. It looks wonderful!

Willow said...

Oh! Those bars are wonderful! Yummmy!

Enjoy your holiday and take lots and lots of photos to share with us!

Happy Birthday to Oliver!

Knitting Mania said...

Nice catching up with your blog this evening Barbara.

The baptism in the back yard in the pool sure brought back memories of a time in our back yard in CA. Our church used our pool for the same occasion. A blessed time, I think the neighbors thought we were nuts though.

Thanks for sharing everthing you've been up too and congrats on your award.

Charm and Grace said...

Barbara, hope you have a wonderful trip. We will miss you, but it will be worth it if the photos and tales of your trip are up to your usual standards! Be safe.

Blessings,
Christi

Anonymous said...

lovely photos - have a wonderful holiday ...many blessings

a woman who is said...

you have been tagged if you want to play?

Barbara Jacksier said...

Have a wonderful holiday. I hope my blog will still be working when you return...

Blogspot's brand new robot scanner has decided my blog was SPAM (!)

I'm blocked from posting AND if I can't convince a real human, who I can't contact, that I'm a real blog, they are going to delete me.

Spread the word. Bloggers unite to protest this new "feature."

Lorrie said...

Baptisms are wonderful! And being a part of a house church enables you to share in each other's lives in a close way.

I hope your vacation is enjoyable, relaxing and full of photographic inspiration.

One of my current courses is the History of England to 1714. I'm reading about the development of the English village and finding it all so fascinating.

Lorrie

Patsy said...

I just read your comment to Fishhawk Dropping's and you are right on the point.
Patsy

Elizabeth said...

Hope you have a wonderful time visiting Harrogate.
Shortbread is delicious enough on its own but with caramel and chocolate.........wow!
Perhaps, and here's hoping, I can eat some in the real world in September.
Have a peaceful and lovely weekend.

Lavinia said...

That chocolate caramel dessert looks absolutely scrumptious....I'll take the whole plate myself but what are the rest of you having? tee hee....

Nice to visit and catch up here, Barbara.....

Elizabethd said...

Have a lovely time away.

Lulu said...

i love looking at all the photos.

Dorothy said...

Catching up a little with you Barbara..the Baptism looks wonderful..my children are still doing home church with other folks and seem to enjoy it for this time of their life...the desert looks wonderful..I'm with the others..where is the recipe?:)....I popped over to see Janie's blog...very very nice...Good blessings for the weekend..

Anonymous said...

Well deserved award, Barbara! Computers seem to enhance our lives so much - they also teach us patience and caution and biting our tongues... I'm glad you at least have your computer back. Enjoy your lovely visit to Yorkshire Dales!

Mmm said...

Enjoy the Yorkshire Dales and I could certainly enjoy that amazing shortbread!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Calling over to say hello Barbara..... I wish you the happiest of holidays and look forward to seeing your pictures. That’s a wonderful part of the country you are exploring. We’ve just returned from seeing our son in Switzerland.

What a joyous occasion the baptism in the garden pool must have been. We had three in our Church on Sunday morning.

Your baking looks delicious.... I’ll come to tea any time. Marion

Paula said...

I LOVE seeing baptisms. Her new life has begun!
The shortbread cookies look fabulously decadent!
Have a great trip!

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to Oliver. I love that age!

Sounds and looks like it was a wonderful baptismal celebration.

Those baked goods look fabulous.

Dorothy said...

Barbara..I have just heard wonderful news ...our president is in China for the Olympics...He requested from the government to allow him to worship at a house church but he was denied. The report told that there are millions of Christians in China and our president had requested that the government give them the freedom to worship..he went on to say a lot...did you hear anything? It seems Christiams are coming out of the shadows boldly these days in China..regardless. Good for them...

Susan said...

What a special baptism time. The goodies look......GOOD!!
Susan

Sharon Goemaere said...

Such talent!And that shortbread...oh my...I can feel my hips expanding just by looking at it! LOL Blessings~Sharon